Joe FitzPatrick - Timing Sidechannel Attacks for Hardware N00bs
Built around an ultra low-cost kit of hardware hacking tools, this kit
comes with self-guided instructions stepping through the process of
conducting a timing side channel attack against a PIN validation system.
It is a subset of the Introductory Hardware Hacking Workshop, with the
- Provide a beginner-level hardware hacking project with no soldering and
minimal flashing lights.
- Show exactly how cheap and feasible hardware attacks really are.
- Introduce some basic tools for hardware hacking
Kenny McElroy - Introduction to exploring embedded devices
Have you ever cracked apart a wireless access point, cable/dsl modem,
digital scale, or some other electronic device containing a whole mess
of mysterious chips that might just add up to the computing power of a
PC Junior? Did you wonder just what the heck to do next? Bring your
questions and answers for this workshop covering:
- Introduction to black box board reconnaissance.
- Meet the BusPirate
- Intro to UART: What it is, how to find it and how to use it.
- Intro to I2C: Same deal.
- As time allows, explore SPI and JTAG too!